Nettle has kindly given me my entry for today by tagging me to tell my readers six random things about myself.
1) Along with Nettle, I am reading The Tree of Enchantment by Orion Foxwood. I’m also reading Diana L. Paxson’s Trance-Portation in tandem with it.
2) I never had a bird as a pet until I was in my twenties. My connection with birds dates from 1992, the year my husband and I married; we wanted a pet, but I was allergic to cats, as is my stepdaughter, and we felt our schedules were too erratic for a dog. We came across some charming finches in a mall pet shop (the worst place to buy a pet, I know now), talked it over for about a month, and then returned to buy a pair. Our lives haven’t been the same since.
3) I dislike Lutheranism, but I love Lutherans. Thanks to my husband’s job, I have known quite a few, and they are truly the salt of the earth, in the Gospel sense.
4) I love Anglicanism, but I’m not sure how I feel about Anglicans any more. (Actually, I’m pretty sure I don’t like them, but I’m trying to deny it. Anglicans now don’t act like Anglicans… but Druids do.)
5) I am a diehard sci fi tv fan–a first-generation Trekkie who loves the Original Series, Next Generation, and Deep Space Nine, and also a fan of Babylon 5. The first tv shows I remember liking and deliberately watching, at a very young age, were Lost in Space and Batman (yes, the campy Adam West version). I had a Lost in Space robot and followed the Great Rule of Children’s TV Viewing: You must hold the toy while you watch the show. This probably explains why we gave my stepdaughter a Next Generation Enterprise for Christmas one year. It lit up! and made cool noises, like phases and warp speed!
6) I have never broken a bone. I have thrown out my back, cut my instep on a piece of broken mirror and bled profusely, fallen and gotten severely bruised, but I’m forty-two years old and have never broken a bone.
Um, I don’t know who all to tag, so feel free to grab this meme and run with it!