I’ve decided to move house blog-wise, gentle readers. I’ve started another WordPress blog and will be posting there from now on. I hope that the hundred or so wonderful people who are following me here will add my new blog to their feeds and bookmarks and continue to read about me, Antinous, and my weird polytheistic life at:
Posts Tagged ‘admin’
Hello, new followers, and all you nice people who have been liking my posts!
I thought perhaps you might like to know a few basic facts about your humble blogger, where she’s been, and where she’s coming from.
- I was baptized as a Methodist and confirmed an Episcopalian, and the Episcopal Church has been a big influence in my life. I haven’t just believed in Christianity, I’ve practiced it: Daily prayer, weekly Eucharist, was a choir member on and off from the age of about seven.
- I have always been interested in religions other than my own. As a kid I read tons of books on “the world religions”, on archaeology, and on the myths and religions of the ancient world.
- When I started this blog, I thought Druidry was my path, hence my blog title. I have been a member of AODA and ADF but am no longer. I keep the blog name mainly for recognition; here you will find posts about Druidry, Christianity, Buddhism, and my current practice.
- I took refuge and practiced as a Tibetan Buddhist for a couple of years, but it didn’t stick. I learned a great deal from studying Buddhism, however, and have great respect for it.
- I am trained in a Hermetic magical system.
- I have pretty recently decided that paganism is, in fact, where I belong, that I am a polytheist, and that I have no particular interest in being anything but devout laity. My primary devotion at this point is to Antinous, and my evolving practice is based on the calendar of the Ekklesía Antínoou. What I am discovering is that rather than being druidic/northern, my orientation seems to be Mediterranean, which is shorter than saying Greco-Egyptian-Roman.
- Besides religion, my interests include sexy British actors, superhero and science fiction movies, reading and writing erotic fanfic, and birds, especially pet birds, especially cockatiels. I have a cockatiel named Rembrandt who has been my companion for almost fourteen years. He’s older (and wiser) than many Internet users. *g* These interests occasionally get a mention here but mostly live at my Tumblr.
I’ve imported some posts from my other, Anglican blog started earlier this year, mostly quotes from other bloggers worth reading. I may be deleting some of them, but I’ll also be updating my blogroll soon. Expect changes here at the (Anglican druid formerly grove now a chapel or just the place where I sit and run my fingers instead of my mouth) blog